Ok - so here goes for today. I have made a major moment of enlightenment as of late. I have determined that I had yet another reason to hope against all hope to never experience some sort of industrial-type accident that results in the severing of my left hand.
Obviously, there are plenty of reasons to have such hopes. I am sure most people would share such hopes. I mean, without a left hand, you can't eat a hamburger while driving a car (well, maybe you can hold the steering wheel with the stump of your hand), your "flipping the bird" hand is confined to the right hand (not that I really do that "flipping the bird" thing anyhow); I have never tried, but I would imagine that picking your left nostril with your right hand would be really difficult. (Come on! I bet you tried just to see if you could!)
But now I have one more. I have discovered (much to my chagrin - you like that word? It's my unique word of the day!) that Ethan has a new pass time. He seems to like rummaging around with my tools and scattering them to and fro. I have found screwdrivers in the back yard, I have found my crecent wrench on the front lawn, my shovels in various places around the yard, screws and bolts everywhere.
Where am I going with this? Well, the other day, I went out to work in the yard. As is my normal ritual, I tried to locate my work gloves. Now, I have to say I have acquired a large quantity of work gloves. Being an engineer, I have seriously wimpy hands. Not to say I haven't worked much, I just haven't spent a lot of time in my career exposing my hands directly to serious manual labor. Ok, I have wimpy hands. If I don't wear work gloves when I am working, I seriously screw up my hands.
As I hunted my gloves down, I found many gloves. Actually, I found a pile of one glove from each set. The left hand from each set.

After all, if I lost my left hand in some sort of accident, what would I do with all those left handed gloves?
3 comments:
Ethan actually had a matching pair the other day. I tried to stash them for you so you could match, but alas, they are probably now in a really really safe place.
Forget chagrin. I think "stump" was the most effectively used word in this one.
I think Marni scores for choosing the right word for the day . . . or would that be the left word? Now I'm stumped.
Post a Comment