Sunday, April 19, 2009

Brief Update

Ok - so it's been a while. I wonder how many blog posts start this way? Well, one more, I guess.

This last few weeks have been hectic. We went to the Grand Canyon and to Flagstaff earlier this month. It was really nice. I thought it would be kind of a pain because of how much driving we had to do in such a short period of time, but it turned out to be pretty good. Some of the area we drove through is really beautiful and it was awesome to see some of the Grand Canyon. I think that it would be a lifetime experience to hike through it someday. I wouldn't mind doing that at all. Of course, it wouldn't work out well with the kids as young as they are, but someday we can all hope to make it.

Last week we prepared for and ran our booth at the Dutch Oven Society Convention. It was awesome, to say the least. I was working the order taking portion and I literally was taking orders constantly from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. We did far better this year than we have ever done. I didn't even get a chance to go around and sample the awesome cooking like I usually do because business was so brisk. Not that I am complaining.

I have some ideas for future posts. I know this was was kind of dull, but there it is.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I know most of my journal entries start that same way...

Kat said...

We did have fun didn't we. :) I can't wait to hear what else is on your mind.

Sharon said...

Okay, so based on the title of your blog, I thought it was going to be about underwear or something . . . thankfully I was completely wrong ;) But, glad to know you had a good time on your road trip. Ken wants to hike down into the Grand Canyon - I'll let you know if we make it . . . and make it back out :)