Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blog thing

Well, Kathryn started her own blog not too long ago. I have (up until now) been hesitant to cave in and add my name to the infinite list of people 'blogging', mostly because I could not even estimate anyone wanting to read my random musings - I barely do! Anyhow, I was reading around on hers and on by little brother Andy's blog and thought, well, maybe I'll succumb. I guess I am just one of those Lemmings.

I picked Glurge-o-rama because I really like the definition of Glurge: Sickeningly sweet stories with a moral, often hiding slightly sinister undertones. First of all, I love the 'Sickeningly sweet' part. One of my favorite lines from Harry Potter is in the description of Deloris Umbridge's little cat plates, picturing cats playing with 'sickening cuteness'. It's the whole opposite spectrum thing in two little words. Plus the 'hiding slightly sinister undertones' is a good bonus. I don't know if everything I will put down here is technically glurge, but who can say? One man's glurge is another man's treasure? I don't know if that really works.

Anyhow, this is my first post, so I guess I won't overdo myself.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I can't wait to hear more glurge. :) As the lady at church said...its nice to see you shine.